Monday, October 31, 2011

Heart Attacks in Robeson County

Something that's peaked my interest lately is the number of heart attacks that has currently occurred in Robeson county.  Currently the rate of heart disease is 36 percent higher than the rate of the entire state of North Carolina.  Also the heart attack rate is 56 percent higher than that of the state of North Carolina.  Honestly I wasn't expecting the rate of heart attacks as well as heart disease to be this high here in Robeson county.  In a survey it was also revealed that 11.6 percent of residents from the tri-county area are knowledgeable of stroke symptoms.  This was something surprising to me that I wanted to post and I shall make another post regarding this when I gather more information of this issue that's currently present.

No comments:

Post a Comment